Many people throughout Texas rely on Uber and Lyft to get them safely from place to place. This comes as Uber/Lyft services are generally more cost-effective and just as efficient as other more traditional ridesharing services, such as taxis. Unfortunately, however, Uber and Lyft accidents do happen, and if you were hurt in one, you need an experienced Corpus Christi, Texas Uber/Lyft accident lawyer who can fight for you.
Hurt in an Uber/Lyft Accident? Our Corpus Christi, Texas Lawyer Can Help.
Uber and Lyft accidents can be just as devastating as any other type of auto accident. If you were hurt in one, you need a Corpus Christi, Texas auto accident lawyer you can trust in your corner who has a deep understanding of the ins and outs of Uber/Lyft injury cases.
Uber/Lyft’s Liability Coverage
Uber and Lyft have liability coverage in place designed to help accident victims recover compensation after sustaining injuries as a result of accidents in Uber/Lyft vehicles. The liability coverage system is broken down into “periods,” which are as follows:
- Period 0: This is when the Uber/Lyft driver causes an accident while they aren’t yet logged into the Uber/Lyft app. In this scenario, Uber or Lyft will not provide insurance coverage, and the injured motorist will instead have to sue the driver’s personal car insurance company for compensation.
- Period 1: This is when an Uber or Lyft driver has logged into the rideshare app but hasn’t yet accepted a ride request. In this case, those injured in an accident caused by the Uber/Lyft driver can recover up to $50,000 per person, $100,000 in total injury liability per accident, and up to $25,000 in property damage liability.
- Period 2-3: Period 2 is when a driver has accepted a ride and is on the way to pick up the ride, and Period 3 is when the driver has accepted a ride and is taking the rider to their destination. If an Uber or Lyft driver causes an accident during either of these periods and injures a passenger, Uber will provide liability coverage of up to $1 million.
Recovering Financial Compensation After an Uber/Lyft Accident
After sustaining an injury in an Uber or Lyft accident, injured passengers should take care to document the incident. This can include:
- Taking pictures or videos of the incident/its aftermath
- Receiving immediate medical attention
- Ensuring law enforcement arrives at the scene and writes up a police report of the accident
- Gathering witness contact information
- Keeping a copy of medical documentation regarding any injuries sustained
Additionally, if you’re seeking compensation, you should make it a point to hire an experienced Corpus Christi, Texas Uber/Lyft accident lawyer who can file your personal injury claim and fight for the compensation you need to heal.
Contact an Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
Sustaining a serious injury in any sort of auto accident can be a life-changing moment, and our firm is here to help pick up the pieces. Contact Sahadi Legal Group today to schedule your free initial consultation so we can begin working on your case.