The spring means longer, sunnier days, and that tends to bring more people out. The more people that are out and about, the more likely it is for accidents to occur, but not to worry. A Nueces County, Texas personal injury lawyer from our firm can let you know which spring safety hazards to look out for, and then we can help you out if you do get injured.
What Are Some Examples of Spring Safety Hazards?
It is difficult to make a complete list of potential safety hazards, but we can at least tell you a few things to look out for during the spring months. Some things known to contribute to accidents include:
- Roads that are slick from spring rainstorms
- Sunlight impeding a driver’s vision
- Crowded roads with more cars, cyclists, and pedestrians
- More children playing outside due to longer days
- Pesticides on lawns and gardens
- Faulty lawn equipment
- Swimming pools
- Wet floors in stores, apartment entrances, and other buildings
What Should I Do If I Get Hurt?
Even if you watch out for these safety hazards, you can still get hurt. If you or a loved one suffer injuries in an accident, you should take these steps:
Document everything: Take pictures of your injuries, the accident scene, and anything else you can think of. Keep any bills or repair estimates related to the accident too.
Talk to potential witnesses: If someone witnessed the accident, try and get their information. They can help you later when you are building a case against the person who is to blame.
Get the care you need: Prioritize taking care of yourself. Go to the hospital if needed, make follow-up appointments, and just be sure that you are tending to your injuries.
Talk to a lawyer: After you do all of this, it might be time to speak to a personal injury lawyer.
How Can an Attorney Help Me?
If you were not to blame for the accident, an attorney can help you hold any liable parties accountable. If you suffered injuries you probably have a pile of medical bills to pay, and we can help you fight for the compensation that you deserve. Your lawyer will:
- File your claim and get the legal process started
- Field settlement offers
- Communicate with insurance companies and any other involved parties on your behalf
- Defend you from any accusations of fault for the accident
- Answer any questions that you and your family have about the legal process
- Bring in expert witnesses who can strengthen your case
- Build a case that can win in court, if necessary
Our attorneys are ready to fight for you.
Schedule Your Initial Consultation
If you have been injured despite your best efforts to look out for spring hazards, contact Sahadi Legal Group. We can schedule a free consultation and tell you more about what our attorneys can do for you and your family.